Credit: Tom Mesic
An evening with the crème de la crème of the digital arts – a highlight of the 2017 Ars Electronica Gala will be the ceremony at which the Golden Nica statuettes are bestowed upon the Prix Ars Electronica prizewinners.
Please note that due to limited seating capacity, you will need a separate invitation or a seat reservation to attend the Gala.
The Golden Nica of the Prix Ars Electronica will be granted to following artists:
- Computer Animation / Film / VFX: David OReilly (IE)
- Hybrid Art: Maja Smrekar (SI)
- Digital Musics & Sound Art: Cedrik Fermont (CD/BE/DE), Dimitri della Faille (BE/CA)
- u19 CREATE YOUR WORLD: Lisa Buttinger (AT)
Additionally, the winners of the STARTS Prize of the European Commission will be awarded, too:
- Artistic Exploration: Etsuko Yakushimaru (JP)
- Innovative Collaboration: Gramazio Kohler Research, ETH Zurich, and Self-Assembly Lab, MIT